Rockford residents can recycle their Christmas trees this week without having to leave home.
They can toss the trees away with their recycling until Thursday. The tree should be free of all ornaments, stands, lights, or any other decorative materials. Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful says this should make it more convenient for people to properly dispose of their trees.
“First option for residents is they can actually put [trees] out for collection on their normal garbage day,” said KNIB Neighborhood Standards Supervisor Robert Wilhelmi.
If you can’t get your tree out this week, you can take it to the following locations:
- Don Schmid Youth Sports Center at Riverdahl Park – 871 Sandy Hollow Rd., Rockford
- Levings Lake – 1420 S. Pierpont Ave., Rockford
- Andrews Park – 800 N. Central Ave., Rockford
- Gambino Park – 4421 Pepper Dr., Rockford
- Alpine Park – 950 S. Alpine Rd., Rockford
- Martin Park – 5600 Park Ridge Rd., Loves Park
- Machesney Town Center – 8702 N. 2nd St., Machesney Park
- Baumann Park, Cherry Valley
- Williams Tree Farm – 4661 Yale Bridge Rd., Rockton
- Rockton Boat Ramp Parking Area – 830 E. Main St., Rockton
- Valley View Farms – 6440 Belvidere Rd., Roscoe
- Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve – 4550 N. Pecatonica Rd., Pecatonica
- City of Belvidere Street Dept. – 515 W. Locust St., Belvidere