ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — An 82-year-old man was found dead inside a burning apartment building in Rockford on Monday night.
Around 7:30 p.m. crews with the Rockford Fire Department responded to an apartment fire near the 1700 block of 12th Avenue.
Rockford Fire Department District Chief Bill Hyde confirmed with Eyewitness News that the fire took the life of one resident. A firefighter was also injured while on scene.
The apartment had just recently re-opened after a fire in July.
Officials say the fire was mainly in the rear of the apartment building. All residents were able to escape besides the one fatality.
- The Rock River Tower Apartments has a view in every room
- Rockford native Emily Bear drops her new song, MANCHILD
- LET’S TRY IT: Scentered De-Stress Wellbeing Ritual Aromatherapy Balm
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ First Lady Melania Trump releases farewell message
- Humans now being legally composted in Washington