One person hospitalized, cat rescued from Rockford house fire

News

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Fire Department says one person was taken to the hospital Tuesday after a house fire on Jackson Street.

Officials say the fire occurred at a home in the 1400 block around 11 a.m.. Arriving firefighters reportedly saw smoke coming from the second floor of the home.

A cat was also rescued and resuscitated outside the home. Authorities say the fire was not accidental in nature.

Two residents were helped by the American Red Cross to find alternative housing.

The fire is still under investigation.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Trending Stories