DirecTV

Overheated wood stove pipe to blame for Freeport house fire Thursday morning

News
firefighter fire generic

A woman, her five dogs and two cats escaped a house fire Thursday morning in Freeport.

The Freeport Fire Department was called to the 400 block of S. Float Street at 8:22 a.m. this morning on the report of a house fire.

Once on the scene, firefighters report finding flames and smoke coming from the base of the chimney. The fire crew put the fire out and cut a hole in the roof to assist them with ventilation and fire control.

The damage to the house was estimated at $5,000, which is believed to have been caused by an overheated wood stove pipe igniting the exterior of the house at the roofline.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong

Trending Stories