(CNN) — A Panera employee is out of a job after “leaking” a not-so-secret trade secret.
The woman posted a quick clip filmed from behind the counter on the social media app Tik-Tok, showing her putting a frozen pack of panera’s white cheddar mac and cheese into hot water.
She pulls it out and empties the steaming bag into a bowl before she serves it.
A move that is common in many restaurants.
The clip earned nearly 950,000 likes on the app.
In another video, the user tearfully shared that she’d been fired from her job.
A Panera spokesperson told CNN the company doesn’t comment on personnel matters but assured that the meals are shipped frozen so they can leave out certain preservatives that don’t meet the company’s clean standards.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.