(CNN) — A Panera employee is out of a job after “leaking” a not-so-secret trade secret.
The woman posted a quick clip filmed from behind the counter on the social media app Tik-Tok, showing her putting a frozen pack of panera’s white cheddar mac and cheese into hot water.
She pulls it out and empties the steaming bag into a bowl before she serves it.
A move that is common in many restaurants.
The clip earned nearly 950,000 likes on the app.
In another video, the user tearfully shared that she’d been fired from her job.
A Panera spokesperson told CNN the company doesn’t comment on personnel matters but assured that the meals are shipped frozen so they can leave out certain preservatives that don’t meet the company’s clean standards.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.