ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A two-year-old girl was killed after being hit by a commercial vehicle on Guilford Road Thursday afternoon.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office says deputies were called to the scene around 3:15 p.m. in the 5900 block of Guilford Road.
The child was taken to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the vehicle remained on the scene, and the accident is still under investigation.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”