ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Shortly before noon on Friday, a plane slid off the runway at Cottonwood Airport in Rockford, crashing into a car.
Witnesses say the plane was “sputtering” in the sky.
Officials say the driver of the car that was hit was sent to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The pilot and passenger in the plane were not injured.
Drivers are still being asked to avoid Auburn Street, between Springfield Avenue and Pierpont
Avenue as it will be closed for several hours. No further details are being released at this time.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department will assist the Federal Aviation
Administration with the investigation.
- Rockford man, Sterling woman arrested on methamphetamine charges in Rock Falls
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- Woman tased at Ohio middle school football game after not wearing mask; district schools now in lockout
- Officers did knock before Breonna Taylor shooting, investigation finds
- Dixon DHS worker charged with abuse of a disabled patient