ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Shortly before noon on Friday, a plane slid off the runway at Cottonwood Airport in Rockford, crashing into a car.
Witnesses say the plane was “sputtering” in the sky.
Officials say the driver of the car that was hit was sent to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The pilot and passenger in the plane were not injured.
Drivers are still being asked to avoid Auburn Street, between Springfield Avenue and Pierpont
Avenue as it will be closed for several hours. No further details are being released at this time.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department will assist the Federal Aviation
Administration with the investigation.
- IceHogs pull through coaching transition and key injuries
- Guilford girls stay undefeated in NIC-10 with win at Harlem
- Belvidere North girls earn NIC-10 win at Jefferson
- Rockford area basketball scores for Tuesday, December 7
- ‘She was upset with her order’: Woman charged for allegedly firing gun in Wendy’s drive-thru