ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Shortly before noon on Friday, a plane slid off the runway at Cottonwood Airport in Rockford, crashing into a car.
Witnesses say the plane was “sputtering” in the sky.
Officials say the driver of the car that was hit was sent to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The pilot and passenger in the plane were not injured.
Drivers are still being asked to avoid Auburn Street, between Springfield Avenue and Pierpont
Avenue as it will be closed for several hours. No further details are being released at this time.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department will assist the Federal Aviation
Administration with the investigation.
- Drone drops cellphones, drugs at Virginia school instead of prison next door
- Big Game Bound week 2: Edgerrin James discusses Hall of Fame journey
- Religious exemptions becoming common loophole against COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- TikTok removing ‘devious licks’ videos from platform amid complaints from schools
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine’s effectiveness wanes over time, company says