ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Three people were arrested on Saturday after police stopped a car with six people inside, and found a loaded weapon, crack cocaine and cannabis after a vehicle failed to yield in a traffic stop.
Rockford Police say they were near the intersection of 5th Avenue and 9th Street around 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning when they attempted to stop a vehicle.
Police say the vehicle did not immediately stop and the driver continued for several blocks before stopping.
Six people were in the vehicle, along with a loaded 9mm handgun, a small amount of crack cocaine, and a small amount of cannabis, according to police.
Three people were arrested and charged:
Latisha Lee, 34, was charged with Fleeing to Elude and Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol.
Mark McClain, 48, was charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance.
Deanton Davis, 23, was charged with Unlawful Use of Weapons by a Felon, No FOID, and two outstanding warrants.
All three were taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- CDC advises parents to look out for polio-like condition in children
- State prison turns away Logan County inmates infected with COVID-19
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery
- Rivets ready to resume their season with a new-look roster stocked with local guys
- Local board looking to improve mental health access for teens