ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 37-year-old Dennis Mackey was arrested on drug charges after police say he got away from them earlier this week.
Winnebago County Sheriff’s Deputies say Mackey, who is on parole for a prior narcotics violation, fled from them in a vehicle earlier in the week.
On Wednesday, around 10 a.m., police say they spotted Mackey walking into a store in the area of Broadway and 12th Street. As officers approached, Mackey fled on foot, but after a short pursuit, police say they took him into custody.
Police say they found cocaine and heroin in Mackey’s car.
He was charged with Possession with Intent to Deliver Cocaine, Possession with Intent to Deliver Heroin, Aggravated Fleeing to Elude, and Resisting a Police Officer.
Mackey was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Rockford church gives students a quiet place (and free Wifi) to work on e-learning claswork
- Central Illinois workers rescued after being trapped on malfunctioning scaffolding 200 feet in air
- Local police warn of more scam calls—what to be aware of
- Protests break out in Louisville and across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover