ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police announced Thursday morning that a suspect in the shooting which took place on Tuesday near downtown has been taken into custody.
28-year-old Jamie Pearson was arrested at a home in the 3500 block of Pheasant Run on Wednesday.
He’s been charged with two counts of Attempted First Degree Murder and Aggravated Battery with a Firearm.
Rockford Police responded to a shooting that took place Tuesday afternoon at 2:40 p.m. near E. State Street and 6th street.
Police say Pearson fired into the victims’ car.
Two people, one 30-year-old male and one 30-year-old female, were a the blue car as the were struck by gunfire. Police said the male has life-threatening injuries, while the female has non-life-threatening injuries.
Surveillance footage obtained by Eyewitness News shows a car that matches that description heading southbound on 6th Street at the time of the shooting.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch