ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A 34-year-old man was shot in the shoulder Tuesday while apparently trying to buy marijuana, police say.
According to Rockford Police, the victim walked into a local hospital for treatment around 7:30 p.m.
He said he was in the 4700 block of East Lawn Drive where he was shot.
Police say his injuries are non-life threatening and that anyone with information should call Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867
- Fred VanVleet shares his thoughts on the death of George Floyd and the resulting protests
- Rockford Youth Activism creates coalition against police brutality, share list of demands
- Boone County Fair canceled due to COVID-19
- 8 arrested in DeKalb after looting on Sunday
- Illinois man faces federal charges, accused of making homemade bomb in Minneapolis rioting