ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say Byron Humphrey, 20, tried to grab an officer’s gun as they tried to take him into custody on Wednesday.
According to police, Humphrey was wanted on outstanding warrants. Police responded to a call in the 1300 block of 8th Street at 6:35 p.m. and came into contact with Humprey, who resisted arrest.
Police say Humphrey was unable to dislodge the weapon from the officer’s holster, but continued to fight.
He was taken to custody “without major injury” and was lodged in the Winnebago County Jail.
Humphrey is charged with four counts of resisting arrest, three counts of aggravated battery to a police officer, and attempting to disarm a police officer.
- Sarah Fuller ready to make female student-athlete history against Missouri Saturday
- Illinois surpasses 12,000 COVID-19 deaths
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday