STERLING, Ill. (WTVO) — Sterling Police have confirmed two people found dead on Sunday died in a murder-suicide.
Sterling Police say they went to the home of 24-year-old Brittney Long, in the 800 block of 1st Avenue, around 6:42 p.m., for a welfare check at the behest of concerned family members after Long missed a family event.
There, police found Long and her ex-boyfriend, Duane Briggs, 24, dead.
On Tuesday, police said Briggs shot Long and then himself. Both died of gunshot wounds to the head.
The firearm was recovered at the scene, investigators said.
- Animals killed in barn fire in McHenry County
- Cloud Cover Lingers into Thanksgiving, More Sunshine Ahead For Friday
- One killed, one injured in Thanksgiving morning shooting in Rockford
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets