Rockford Police are warning of an uptick in reports of stolen Honda vehicles in the area.
While theft reports regarding early model minivans such as the Dodge Caravan, which had recently seen an increase, have decreased, there has been a recent increase in reports of stolen mid-to-late ’90s Honda Civic, Accord and CRX models.
Recent incidents have taken place on residential streets, driveways and alleys, most commonly overnight. Rockford Police and other local law enforcement have made recent arrests that have cleared several thefts.
Authorities recommend taking the following precautions to protect vehicles:
- Never leave you running vehicle unattended.
- Always have keys to your vehicle on your person.
- Keep all vehicle doors and windows locked.
- Park in well-lit, populated areas.
- Remove or conceal from plain sight items of value.
- Utilize available anti-theft systems and devices.
Contact the Rockford Police Department at (815) 966-2900 to report a stolen vehicle.