ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — According to a new poll by Rasmussen, 23% of Republicans believe the party should nominate a candidate other than President Donald Trump.
The online and telephone survey found a majority (70%) think Trump should be the nominee.
By comparison, 28% of Democrats think their party should find someone other than former Vice President Joe Biden to be their nominee.
According to the poll, which was conducted May 12-13, men feel more strongly than women that Trump will be the eventual GOP nominee. Women are more likely to be undecided.
Respondents under 40 believe the strongest that the GOP should find another nominee.
- US agency orders Ford to recall 3 million vehicles over air bags
- Disney Plus adding all 5 seasons of ‘The Muppet Show’ starting February 19
- No Mega Millions winner as jackpot climbs to $970 million
- ICY WEATHER: Car slides off road near Kishwaukee river in Belvidere
- On Day One, Biden to undo Trump policies on climate, virus