SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — Gov. J.B. Pritzker outlined his vision for the state’s economy on Wednesday.
The 5-year economic plan focuses on three areas: laying a foundation for long-term growth through investment, lessening the equity gap for women and minorities, and attracting more workers and businesses to Illinois.
“Underlying my vision is the fundamental principle of equity. No matter their zip code, every Illinoisan deserves economic opportunity,” Pritzker said. “Where in the past sustainable and inclusive economic development has been elusive, instead I am committed to reinvigorating the most important foundational [sic] element of Illinois’ economy: our diverse and talented workforce.”
- ‘Number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick,’ owner Mark Cuban says after Kobe Bryant’s death
- Democrats demand Bolton testify at Trump’s impeachment trial
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers
- College baseball coach, daughter, and wife among 9 Killed in California helicopter crash
- Fans, celebrities react to death of retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant after crash