(WTVO) — If you haven’t filed your taxes yet, you’re running out of time. This year’s federal and Illinois income tax deadline is Wednesday, July 15th.
The date was pushed back earlier this year due to COVID-19. Tax experts say if you have yet to file, you may want to do it online. IRS employees working from home have create a huge backlog of paper tax returns.
As of mid-May, that backlog had reached nearly 5 million returns. That means those that file using paper may have to wait a while for any refunds.
- NAMI shows us how to celebrate Mental Illness Awareness Week
- Disney to lay off 28,000 employees at its parks in California, Florida
- Mom says 10-year-old son badly hurt by explosive disguised as Christmas ornament
- New Illinois coronavirus restrictions for Region 1 begin Saturday
- Louisiana man accused of hiding in Florida 15-year-old’s bedroom, having sex since August