Remodeling project sparks fire in Lapey Street home

house fire generic rockford fire department firefighters

The Rockford Fire Department was called to the 3200 block of Lapey Street on Saturday to battle a house fire.

Fire crews arrived the call at 6:34 p.m. Saturday evening, and were on scene within 5 minutes, to find heavy smoke pouring from a single family home.

The firemen dragged hoses into the basement and first floor to extinguish the fire. No one was home at the time, and no one was hurt.

According to the Fire Department, the fire’s cause appears to be accidental, related to remodeling efforts within the house.

The damage was estimated at $30,000.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong





Trending Stories