ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The fight for the 68th District’s Representative seat continues. Democratic Representative-elect Dave Vella was declared the winner last month, but Rep. John Cabello announced plans for a recount Monday morning.
The Republican says the recount is well within the required margin of under .05% or less. Vella won by just 239 votes.
This means that 25% of precincts within the district will be reviewed. That will determine if a full recount is needed.
Cabello has held the seat since 2012. Vella is scheduled to be sworn in January 13th.
- How college basketball’s WNIT event will play-out in Rockford
- Big Time Sports: Big Ten teams battle for position as Selection Sunday nears
- Fog possible late Thursday night – Could become dense before sunrise Friday
- Quick-thinking Roscoe businessman protects elderly couple from scam
- Hasbro reverses decision to make Mr. Potato Head gender neutral