RPS 205 has sent a letter out to parents advising them to start scheduling immunizations and screens for students for the 2016-17 school year.
Students will not be allowed to attend school until the screenings are complete. They must have the following exams/immunizations before August 17th, the first day of school:
- Physical exams: a student must have a physical examination within one year before entering preschool, Kindergarten, 6th or 9th grades.
- Immunizations: students are required to show proof of basic immunizations and required boosters for Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), and the following:
- Pre-K: Haemophilus Influenza Type B
- Pre-K and 6th through 12th grades: Hepatitis B
- Children two years up to 5th birthday: Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: must show proof of lead screening.
- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th grades: must show proof of two vaccinations for Varicella (chickenpox).
- 6th, 7th, 12th grades: must show proof of meningococcal vaccination.
- Vision exams: students entering Kindergarten must have an eye exam.
- Dental exams: oral health exam is required for Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th graders.
Parents or guardians who object to health or dental examinations or immunizations must submit an Illinois Certificate of Religious Exemptions form. For the correct form required by the state, contact your local health care provider.
Anyone with questions is asked to call Rockford Public Schools Health Services Office at (815) 966-5254.