ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A favorite local bar, which suddenly closed its doors in April, celebrated a Grand Opening on Tuesday in a brand new location.
The former Gene’s Place has been rechristened Gene’s Irish Pub and is now open in Rockford’s Midtown District, at 1025 5th Avenue.
The City of Rockford announced via a Facebook post that the restaurant opened with the help of it’s Business First program, which helps individuals looking to start a small business within the city.
Gene’s Place was formerly located at 4412 Manchester Drive.
- ‘A League of Their Own’ returning to Rockford theaters
- New dog collar swears at you each time your dog barks
- USS Arizona crew member, Pearl Harbor survivor dies age 97
- Nintendo pop-up lounge to debut at O’Hare Monday
- Illinois officials to detail battle plan against gypsy moth