ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A favorite local bar, which suddenly closed its doors in April, celebrated a Grand Opening on Tuesday in a brand new location.
The former Gene’s Place has been rechristened Gene’s Irish Pub and is now open in Rockford’s Midtown District, at 1025 5th Avenue.
The City of Rockford announced via a Facebook post that the restaurant opened with the help of it’s Business First program, which helps individuals looking to start a small business within the city.
Gene’s Place was formerly located at 4412 Manchester Drive.
- NIU Huskies knock off Longwood
- Fighting Illini too much for Hawaii
- IceHogs defenseman Gilbert suspended
- Village of Poplar Grove proposes neighborhood park to Belvidere Park District
- Stateline’s furry residents are able to take pictures with Santa