ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A favorite local bar, which suddenly closed its doors in April, celebrated a Grand Opening on Tuesday in a brand new location.
The former Gene’s Place has been rechristened Gene’s Irish Pub and is now open in Rockford’s Midtown District, at 1025 5th Avenue.
The City of Rockford announced via a Facebook post that the restaurant opened with the help of it’s Business First program, which helps individuals looking to start a small business within the city.
Gene’s Place was formerly located at 4412 Manchester Drive.
- Dr. Fauci: Masks may be seasonal after the pandemic
- May mortgage outlook: What to expect from rates in the days ahead
- 7 adults dead after birthday party shooting in Colorado
- 12-year-old boy dies days after being attacked at school, family says
- DeKalb officials investigate ‘incendiary’ apartment fire