ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A favorite local bar, which suddenly closed its doors in April, celebrated a Grand Opening on Tuesday in a brand new location.
The former Gene’s Place has been rechristened Gene’s Irish Pub and is now open in Rockford’s Midtown District, at 1025 5th Avenue.
The City of Rockford announced via a Facebook post that the restaurant opened with the help of it’s Business First program, which helps individuals looking to start a small business within the city.
Gene’s Place was formerly located at 4412 Manchester Drive.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80