ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A favorite local bar, which suddenly closed its doors in April, celebrated a Grand Opening on Tuesday in a brand new location.
The former Gene’s Place has been rechristened Gene’s Irish Pub and is now open in Rockford’s Midtown District, at 1025 5th Avenue.
The City of Rockford announced via a Facebook post that the restaurant opened with the help of it’s Business First program, which helps individuals looking to start a small business within the city.
Gene’s Place was formerly located at 4412 Manchester Drive.
- Illinois budget includes nearly $5,000 pay raise for state lawmakers
- Did you know: Janesville Chinese restaurant is 2nd oldest in the US?
- Nearly 30 children missing from Cleveland in last 2 weeks
- New docs: Jeffrey Epstein had more than 10 sex partners, STD before suicide
- Pentagon bans drag shows on military bases after GOP pressure
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!