ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockfordians now have a place to catch a flick—safely. The first film on deck couldn’t be more fitting.
The former Magna grocery store parking lot on East State Street, next to Don Carter Lanes, will be transformed into a drive-in movie theater.
Rockford aldermen passed the project at Monday’s City Council meeting. A similar event held in Belvidere sparked some city leaders’ interest to bring the idea to Rockford.
The first movie planned is A League of Their Own–about our very own Rockford Peaches. Last week, Alderman Frank Beach said the first movie night will be August 15th.
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- Woman tased at Ohio middle school football game after not wearing mask; district schools now in lockout
- Officers did knock before Breonna Taylor shooting, investigation finds
- Dixon DHS worker charged with abuse of a disabled patient
- ‘Cake Boss’ star’s right hand impaled in ‘terrible’ bowling accident