ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police announced Thursday morning the arrest of 28-year-old Jamie Pearson as a suspect in the shooting which took place on Tuesday near downtown.
Rockford Police responded to a shooting that took place Tuesday afternoon at 2:40 p.m. near E. State Street and 6th street.
Police say shots were fired between two vehicles as they were driving down 6th Street.
Detectives with the Violent Crimes Unit and Gangs Unit allegedly learned that Pearson was a occupant in a black car that fired rounds at the victims’ car.
Two people, one 30-year-old male and one 30-year-old female, were in a blue car as the were struck by gunfire. Police said the male has life-threatening injuries, while the female has non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say Pearson was arrested in a SWAT operation in the 3500 block of Pheasant Run, where he was taken into custody without incident.
Pearson was charged with two counts of Attempted First Degree Murder and Aggravated Battery with a Firearm.
Eyewitness News looked into Pearson’s criminal past. According to Winnebago County court records, he’s pleaded guilty to multiple felonies since 2008. Those convictions include aggravated battery, battery causing bodily harm, robbery, and a weapons violation.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.