ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 37-year-old Michael Uecker, of Rockford, was arrested Tuesday for alleged illegal sales of firearms.
Rockford Police say Uecker’s arrest comes after a month-long investigation after they received information that he was selling weapons.
Uecker was arrested at a residence in the 400 block of South Henrietta Avenue. A handgun and numerous rounds of ammunition were recovered.
Uecker’s prior criminal history prevents him from owning, possessing or selling weapons.
He was charged with Unlawful Use of Weapons by a Felon – Possession of a Firearm, two counts of Unlawful Use of Weapons by a Felon – Possession of Ammunition, and Unlawful Delivery of a Firearm.
Uecker was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- IceHogs Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Multiple fire crews respond to Village of Winnebago house fire
- Bill Murray returns to Woodstock 28 years after filming “Groundhog Day”, shoots Jeep commercial
- Mid-town Gyro House now open
- Fire on Gregory St. causes $5,000 in damages