ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 37-year-old Michael Uecker, of Rockford, was arrested Tuesday for alleged illegal sales of firearms.
Rockford Police say Uecker’s arrest comes after a month-long investigation after they received information that he was selling weapons.
Uecker was arrested at a residence in the 400 block of South Henrietta Avenue. A handgun and numerous rounds of ammunition were recovered.
Uecker’s prior criminal history prevents him from owning, possessing or selling weapons.
He was charged with Unlawful Use of Weapons by a Felon – Possession of a Firearm, two counts of Unlawful Use of Weapons by a Felon – Possession of Ammunition, and Unlawful Delivery of a Firearm.
Uecker was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80