ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old Dylen Anderson was arrested Thursday after the ShotSpotter detection system alerted police to a gunshot fired outside an apartment on Charles Street.
Rockford Police say the alert came in shortly before 8:30 p.m. in the 1300 block of Charles Street.
When officers arrived, they saw Anderson outside the building. When he say them, police say he ran, but was caught after a foot chase.
Police say they found a spent shell casing and recovered a loaded handgun.
Anderson was charged with Unlawful Use of Weapons by a Felon, Reckless Discharge of a Firearm, Resisting Arrest, and no Firearm Owner’s Identification.
He was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players