ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Fire Department released their 2020 statistics from January through May on Thursday.
The amount of fire calls the department has responded to is up 20% compared to the same time period last year.
The RFD set a goal of answering 90% of emergency calls in less than 10 minutes, but this year crews were able to respond to scenes that fast in only 70% of cases.
The department had also set a goal of saving 90% of property from fire in 2020, but was only able to save 80% of that which they were called to.
- Exploring the rich athletics history of Beloit College as it marks 100 years in the MWC
- Fourth grader in New Mexico forced to walk to school for internet
- New report says Byron power plant shutdown would cost over 2,300 jobs
- Rockford applying for new bike path grant, but not all residents are on board
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say