Rockford fire responds to apartment blaze

News
fire generic_1508858388115.jpg

A kitchen fire forces residents in a three story apartment building to evacuate. 

On April 29 around 6:45 p.m., Rockford Fire Department arrived at Sun Valley Terrace. Crews found a fire in the kitchen on the first floor of an apartment. The flames were put out in less than ten minutes. 

No one was hurt. The fire was determined an accident that was caused by unattended cooking materials. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong

Trending Stories