ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford group has raised over $20,000 to send medical professionals to countries abroad.
The non-profit group Mission Skills launched a “super sale” on Rockford Day, Thursday, August 15th, offering nurses 50 percent off education courses.
All proceeds went to the organization, to raise money for care trips, nursing scholarships, and support for local businesses.
The non-profit Mission Skills was created by Skills on Point, at 6775 Fincham Drive, a medical simulation lab in Rockford.
The group will head to Haiti for a mission trip later this year.
- Hoppin’ good time: Kangaroo on the loose in Illinois
- Slim Jim jerky recipe creator Lon Adams dies of COVID-19
- Winnebago County officials expect slow rollout of COVID-19 vaccine, beginning as early as next week
- Top dog, cat names of 2020 include coronavirus-related monikers
- Police searching for motorist who killed cat by throwing it out of Jeep into busy Oklahoma intersection