ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 29-year-old Kenneth Jones, Jr. was arrested Tuesday after police say he beat and strangled a 33-year-old woman, before pouring gasoline around her apartment and threatening to light it on fire.
Rockford Police say they were called to the 2400 block of Benderwirt Avenue shortly before 8:30 a.m., where they met with the Jones’ girlfriend, who said Jones tried to strangled her and battered her.
The victim’s 13-year-old son tried to intervene, according to authorities.
A short time later, police say Jones threw a brick through a window and poured gasoline around the outside the building while threatening to set it on fire.
Officers were able to take Jones into custody without incident.
He was charged with Aggravated Domestic Battery, Attempted Aggravated Arson, and Criminal Damage to Property.
- Temperatures take a little dip heading into the weekend
- Winnebago County Sheriff welcomes first-ever female Deputy Chief
- Machesney Park flag ceremony honors family of US Army pilot killed in Black Hawk crash
- Oregon students return to class after 2 week shutdown
- Beloit College pushes back start date for Spring semester