Rockford man and his dog escape Salem Street house fire

News

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford man and his dog are left without a place to live after a fire breaks out in their home. The fire happened around 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday on Salem Street, about a block north of N. Main and Harlem Street.

Fire officials say thick smoke was coming from the second story, but the fire was under control in ten minutes.

The person who lived there–and his dog were able to escape. A building inspector deemed the house uninhabitable. The Red Cross is currently helping the resident with a new place to stay.

MORE HEADLINES:

For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android) and subscribe with Alexa.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Trending Stories