ROCKFORD, Ill. – On January 1st around 8:50 a.m., Rockford Police officers were called to the 600 block of Mulberry after witnesses reported observing a subject in a vehicle shooting at an occupied vehicle that was stuck in the snow.
Authorities say the vehicle was struck several times. Investigators found the shell casings at the scene.
The suspected vehicle was later found parked on N. Winnebago Street and the suspect, later identified as Eric Smith, was arrested.
The 36-year-old is facing Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm. Smith is currently being held in the Winnebago County Jail.
- Bailey paper ballot proposal would affect voters with disabilities, election board says
- Rashon Burno named NIU men’s head basketball coach
- Altybarmakian Strikes Twice in Comeback Overtime Thriller Over Wild
- Rain chances increase midweek as temperatures continue to climb
- ‘I’m ready to talk,’ Meghan Markle says ahead of Oprah interview