BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 54-year-old Leonard Jones, of Rockford, was sentenced to 6 years in prison after a jury found him guilty of leading police on a lengthy police chase after they attempted to pull him over for running a red light.
Belvidere Police say they tried to pull Jones over on May 15th, 2019, at 3:55 a.m. after a patrol officer spotted his car, which Rockford and Winnebago police reported as fleeing from them earlier that morning.
When the officer saw Jones fail to stop at a traffic light, he attempted to pull him over, at which point Jones led police on a chase for an hour and a half, until he ultimately lost control and crashed into a ditch.
He was convicted of Aggravated Fleeing or Attempt to Elude a Police Officer on September 12th.
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s
- Chicago Bears give $4,000 to Harlem’s athletic program
- Rockford park gets financial boost from State of Illinois
- Church volunteers donate bags of free winter clothing for the homeless
- Rockford Police Officer to move in to city’s 3rd neighborhood house