ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old Ray Cherry pleaded Not Guilty to charges of Aggravated Battery to a Child on Thursday in Winnebago County Court.
In May, a doctor at a local hospital called police after a child was brought in with severe injuries.
Investigators say the child suffered broken bones in both legs and an arm.
Cherry faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.
A bond hearing has been set for October 8th.
- LIVE: Lightfoot announces ‘business curfew’ in Chicago as COVID-19 cases rise
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge