ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old Ray Cherry pleaded Not Guilty to charges of Aggravated Battery to a Child on Thursday in Winnebago County Court.
In May, a doctor at a local hospital called police after a child was brought in with severe injuries.
Investigators say the child suffered broken bones in both legs and an arm.
Cherry faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.
A bond hearing has been set for October 8th.
- Stillman Valley beats Winnebago on the road
- Stateline students preserve the stories and history of local veterans
- Tips for homeowners to stay warm and safe in winter storms
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s
- Chicago Bears give $4,000 to Harlem’s athletic program