ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Mercyhealth is reporting that a Rockford man who contracted COVID-19 in March is recovering after spending 14 days on a ventilator.
Mercyhealth says Tim was diagnosed with coronavirus after returning from a work trip in March. After battling the virus at home for several days, he began to have difficulty breathing and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
The hospital says Tim was incredibly sick, and was placed on a ventilator. He recovered and became Mercyhealth’s first ventilated patient to be discharged.
The hospital says Tim works out several times a week with a physical therapist and respiratory therapist during his recovery.
“His whole story is nothing but inspiration. His determination, his perseverance to improve is commendable. Someone who overcame such obstacles and faced such challenges, how can you not be humbled and inspired by him? He’s amazing, he’s amazing,” said Kelly Hix, his physical therapist.
- Pritzker shares details, timeline of COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan for Illinois
- US adds 245,000 jobs in November as virus threatens economy’s slow comeback
- Veteran broadcaster Len Kasper leaving Cubs for White Sox radio play-by-play
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- Second arrest made in car-to-car shooting incident, assault-style rifle recovered