ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Around 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Rockford police officers were called to the 3000 block of Ellen Avenue for a report of an armed robbery.
Officials say a 31-year-old man was robbed at gunpoint while attempting to buy a puppy from the suspect. The man told officers that when he met up with the suspect, another man produced a weapon and took his jewelry, cash, car keys, a cell phone, and diapers.
Both suspects were described as thin-built, lighter-skinned black males who were driving a tan Honda SUV with tinted windows.
Anyone with information can leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Sub-zero wind chills expected Monday night, into Tuesday morning
- Texas lines up boats to stem flow of undocumented immigrants over Rio Grande
- Why was the Michigan shooting suspect sent back to class?
- Rockford families stand vigil for children gone too soon
- Late Senator Bob Dole to lie in state at Capitol