ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Jawan Robinson, 29, was sentenced to 12 years in prison for armed robbery on Thursday, and 10 years for burglary for robbing several Rockford businesses.
Police say Robinson beat an elderly victim in the 1200 block of 7th Street on September 1st.
Detectives uncovered links from Robinson-Jones to several other area crimes, including burglary to the East State Street Goodwill location, on September 1st and an armed robbery at Kwik Mart, 1203 7th Street, on August 14th.
Robinson was charged with Aggravated Battery to a Senior Citizen, Attempted Robbery, Burglary, and Armed Robbery.
Robinson’s sentences will be served concurrently.
- Temperatures take a little dip heading into the weekend
- Winnebago County Sheriff welcomes first-ever female Deputy Chief
- Machesney Park flag ceremony honors family of US Army pilot killed in Black Hawk crash
- Oregon students return to class after 2 week shutdown
- Beloit College pushes back start date for Spring semester