ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 49-year-old Anthony Alexander was sentenced to spend 7 years in prison on the charge of Residential Burglary for his role in a 2017 home invasion in which he and an accomplice posed as utility workers.
Police identified the second suspect as Tyrone Jones, 39, also of Rockford. Jones was found guilty of Home Invasion and weapons charges in October of 2018.
Several other suspects also entered the home after Alexander and Jones gained entry, they were not been identified.
The victim beaten during the home invasion suffered minor injuries. Two children inside at the time were not hurt.
Alexander was given credit for the 2 years he has spent in custody.
- “We look the exact same!” 5-year-olds wear matching outfits for Twin Day at school
- Tom Hanks just found out he’s related to Mister Rogers
- 20-year-old male transported to hospital after being shot Tuesday night
- Locally Dense Fog Developing Tuesday Evening
- Midweek Warm-Up Comes with Heavy Rainfall