ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — To reduce a $1 million deficit, the Rockford Park District says it’s considering closing Sinnissippi Golf Course. Now, one resident has started a fundraiser to help keep it open.
So far, Matthew Gibbons’ GoFundMe has raised a little over $100 out of a goal of $1,500 to be used to purchase yard signs in favor of keeping Sinnissippi open.
The golf course, as well as the snow park at Alpine Hills, and Alpine Pool, could be closed. A decision is expected to be made in November.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch