ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — To reduce a $1 million deficit, the Rockford Park District says it’s considering closing Sinnissippi Golf Course. Now, one resident has started a fundraiser to help keep it open.
So far, Matthew Gibbons’ GoFundMe has raised a little over $100 out of a goal of $1,500 to be used to purchase yard signs in favor of keeping Sinnissippi open.
The golf course, as well as the snow park at Alpine Hills, and Alpine Pool, could be closed. A decision is expected to be made in November.
- Gilbert and Hagel Return to IceHogs from Chicago Blackhawks
- Martin Luther King Day event encourages voter registration
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Delia and Gagne Lead Hogs to Shutout Win Over Wolves
- Overnight Café houses people in need during cold nights