ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Mayor Tom McNamara will host a luncheon on Tuesday to raise money to feed the city’s hungry.
The “Mayor’s Hunger Luncheon” event will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on October 1st at River View Inn and Suites, at 700 W Riverside Boulevard.
The event is meant to raise awareness of hunger issues in the region. Proceeds will go to the Greater Rockford Pantry Coalition, which serves thousands of people each year.
“We are only as strong as our citizens that are hurting most, so we need to make sure that we’re ensuring that they have those basic necessities, so they, too, can live a good life here in Rockford,” McNamara said.
Last year’s event raised $10,000 for the Roots and Wings program at Angelic Organics Learning Center, at 1545 Rockton Road in Caledonia.
Tickets for the luncheon go for $30 per person.
- Montana guide dies after grizzly mauling near Yellowstone
- Parler can now return to App Store, Apple says in letter to senator
- Scottie Pippen’s son, Antron, dies at 33
- Three Rockford men arrested on gun charges during weekend traffic stops
- No, vaccine side effects don’t tell you how well your immune system will protect you from COVID-19