(ROCKFORD, Ill.) – Rockford police are investigating a double murder on the 700 block of Bruce Street.
Around 3:30 a.m. on Thursday, police found a 27-year-old woman outside suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police found a 28-year-old man inside the residence who had also been shot. He was taken to a local hospital and later pronounced dead.
The names of the victims have not been released. Investigators do not believe the shooting was random.
- Brick facade crumbles off Rockford apartment building
- Freeport pet owners worried about spread of deadly dog disease
- Rockford School District to lower tax levy after receiving extra state funding
- Trump considering giving Americans a payroll tax cut
- Former Boylan quarterback charged with multiple counts of rape, sexual battery