(ROCKFORD, Ill.) – Rockford police are investigating a double murder on the 700 block of Bruce Street.
Around 3:30 a.m. on Thursday, police found a 27-year-old woman outside suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police found a 28-year-old man inside the residence who had also been shot. He was taken to a local hospital and later pronounced dead.
The names of the victims have not been released. Investigators do not believe the shooting was random.
- Rockford firefighters battle blaze on Cheyenne Drive
- Belvidere native Kyle LaPier part of Newgarden’s Indy 500 championship team
- Trump escalates attacks on judges amid increasing legal scrutiny
- Byron meets its match in the 2A Super-Sectional losing to DePaul College Prep
- Rain chances few and far between in the week ahead
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!