(WTVO) — Rockford Police responded to a report of shots fired at 1135 Benton Street, just north of E. State Street and Longwood on Monday around 7:25 p.m.
One 39-year-old male victim was rushed to the hospital by friends. He was later pronounced dead. Police say he was the only person who was shot.
Rockford Police Chief O’Shea says details are very limited but the victim was spending time with friends or family prior to the shooting. His name is not being released at this time.
Mayor McNamara says that violent crime has been on the rise despite the stay-at-home order.
- Down payment tax credit: Biden housing plans include help for first-time buyers
- Republicans propose amendment to limit term limits in Congress
- IDES: Nearly 1 million false unemployment claims stopped since March
- Live: Biden outlines racial equity agenda
- Kellyanne Conway accused of tweeting topless photo of 16-year-old daughter