ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police Officers responded to a ShotSpotter alert in the 1900 block of Arthur Ave. on Sunday Sept. 29th around 4 p.m.
According to authorities, officers located two residences in the area that had been struck by gunfire.
While they were on scene officers saw two juveniles jumping over a fence behind on of the residence’s that had been struck.
Officials took both males into custody.
According to police, during the investigation officers located a loaded firearm on one of the suspects. The gun was later determined stolen.
A 16-year-old male was charged with possession of a stolen firearm, and possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number.
The 16-year-old was lodged in the Juvenile Detention Center.
No injuries were reported.
- April chill replaces weekend warmth; Chance for light snow showers Tuesday
- Oregon High School seniors raise money for arts program by showcasing local talent
- ‘There was so much hope when this started’ | Potshot over pot shops
- Alma Wahlberg, mother of Mark, Donnie Wahlberg, dies at 78
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it