ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On Tuesday, Rockford Police released statistics that revealed all measured crimes are on the decline when comparing January – July against the same time frame in 2018.
According to the statistics released, violent crimes are down 18%, with 1,031 recorded in 2019 vs. 1,255 in 2018.
Robbery incidents are down 23%, with 147 in 2019 vs 192 in 2018.
Property crimes are down 15%, with 2,793 in 2019 vs. 3,277 in 2018.
Auto thefts are down 16%, with 223 in 2019 vs. 265 in 2018.
Shootings are down 21%, with 227 recorded in 2019 vs 288 in 2018.
Aggravated assaults are down 16%, with 769 in 2019 vs 911 in 2018. Of the 769 reported aggravated assaults, the city said 54% of those cases are domestic related.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch