ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Youth Activism cancelled a planned Friday demonstration, but announced additional protests will take place in the city all weekend.
On Saturday, starting at noon, the group plans to have a “teach-in,” which it says will focus on educating people on “black history, black revolutionary struggles, and prison abolition.”
The “teach-in” is expected to last until 10 p.m.
- Huskies Upended by SIU Edwardsville
- No. 5 Illini fall in early season top-five matchup with No. 2 Baylor
- Frosty Wednesday morning, Toasty Wednesday afternoon
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Community mourns beloved businessman Tony Artale after losing battle with COVID-19