ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A local group called “Said with Silence” is holding a demonstration tomorrow morning at 8 a.m., outside Rockford City Hall.
The group says it is the second demonstration they’ve organized this week.
The protesters will “weep for our world, weep for our children, weep for the children who’ve been lost,” and plan to meet with Rockford Mayor Tom McNamara at 7:30 p.m. Friday night.
Organizers say they’ll ask the Mayor to make mental healthcare workers the new force of community policing.
- Cool and Rainy Saturday Will Carry on Into Sunday
- Cooper breaks NIC-10 passing record as Harlem completes thrilling comeback to edge Hononegah
- Lutheran tops Dixon in defensive battle, 7-2
- Task force to investigate after suspect killed by police, deputy injured in Rockford
- Hunter Hoffman lights it up against Orangeville in 47-20 win