ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Residents of a Rockford home awoke Sunday morning to find that their home had been burglarized while they slept, and their car was stolen.
Rockford Police say they were called to a residence in the 200 block of South First Street on Sunday, August 18th.
The man there reported to police that he awoke around 9 a.m. and found the kitchen door open.
The man and two adult females, who were also inside the house, discovered two computers, a wallet and some cash were missing. They then realized their car had also been stolen.
Shortly before 3 p.m., police officers located the stolen vehicle in the parking lot of Burger King, at 1138 E. State Street.
The suspect, 25-year-old Jose Sanchez, was found inside the restaurant and was arrested. The computers and the wallet were found inside the vehicle.
Sanchez was charged with Residential Burglary, Auto Theft and Possession of Stolen Property.
He was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’