ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A group called “Moms Demand Action Illinois” is planning to hold a rally in Rockford’s City Market Pavilion on Sunday.
The protest urges Congress to pass stricter gun laws and spread awareness about the issue on a local level.
The event comes after dozens of people were killed in mass shootings in both Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas earlier this month.
The group says they “demand action from the Senate to make communities safer.”
The rally will be held Sunday night at 7 p.m.
- Mild Weekend, Cool Week, Dry All Around
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ even more important in times of COVID-19
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- Local store creates custom candle for Rockford City Market, will donate proceeds
- Rockford ‘Stroll on State’ starts with a bang