ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — In an advisory note, Rockford Public Schools announced Friday that all school sponsored activities and athletic events scheduled for Saturday had been canceled, due to an expected winter storm.
A strong winter storm will impact northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin Friday and Saturday, bringing with it accumulating sleet, freezing rain and snow. Heavy rain is expected to fall further to the south and southeast.
For the latest weather information, click here.
For a list of closings and delays, click here.
- The Big Ten sets a new nine-game football schedule for teams in 2020
- ‘Let us play!’: Illinois prep players rally for fall sports
- Two people injured after crash near N. Alpine and Pepper Drive
- A strike by hundreds of nurses ended Saturday at University of Illinois Hospital in Chicago.
- Trump’s list of possible Supreme Court nominees