ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Saturday night marked the beginning of the annual “Stroll on State,” even though this year looked a little different.
Residents were also treated to a fireworks show to kick off the holiday season. Rockford’s Christmas tree is now lit in Davis Park.
From now until December, if you head down State Street you’ll notice the decorated storefronts and even more Christmas decorations scattered around downtown Rockford.
There will be events all season long. Click here fore more details.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others